A characteristic feature of the aforementioned ships, including the “Jean Bart”, was the unusual layout of the main artillery concentrated in two four-barrel turrets located in the fore part, while medium caliber artillery was located in the stern part. This, in combination with the massive body of the command tower and the chimney “hidden” in the rest of the superstructures, created an amazingly presented silhouette of a beautiful and very dangerous ship. “Jean Bart” was built at the Ateliers et Chantiers de Saint-Nazarie (Penhoët) shipyard in Saint-Nazarie. The keel was laid on December 12, 1936. The ship was launched on March 6, 1940.
"Highly recommended." ~AMPS Indianapolis